June 7, 2021
SUMMARY: The Woes of Water Managers in the Colorado River Basin
NEWS & OPINION
News by Date
- February 26, 2021 - USU Study #6: Alternative Management Paradigms for the Future of the Colorado and Green Rivers. (archived here).
- April 15, 2021 - The Water Report: Saving the Colorado River (demand management). James Eklund.
- April 19, 2021 - The April 2021 24-Month Study was a Shocker, but is it too Optimistic? Eric Kuhn.
- April 27, 2021 - Pumping up fear along the Colorado River. George Sibley.
- April 29, 2021 - 9th Circuit Revives Navajo Nation's Water Rights Claim Against DOI. Rueters.
- May 4, 2021 - New normals: The Southwest has grown hotter and drier over the past decade, data shows. NOAA 30-year averages since 1901. Ian James of Arizona Republic.
- May 11, 2021 - Arizona Legislature Urges Congress to Study Feasibility of Harvesting Mississippi River Floodwaters to Replenish Colorado River Supply. Rep. Dunn.
- May 13, 2021 - Colorado River Water Community Can Solve Problems Without Tossing Compacts. Tyrell (response to Sibley).
- May 14, 2021 - The Hoover Dam Made Life in the West Possible. Or So We Thought. Timothy Egan in NY Times.
- May 14, 2021 - 9th Circuit Rebukes U.S. on Native Interests in Colorado River Rights. Hank Lacey of Law Week Colorado.
- May 27, 2021 - Predicting the future: Science Moab speaks with Dr. Kevin Wheeler about the future of the Colorado River in Moab Sun News.
- June 2, 2021 - Foreign Firms Sucking "Virtual" Water From America's Parched Southwest. Diana Kruz of Mother Jones.
- June 2, 2021 - Mega-Dairies Disappearing Wells And Arizona's Deepening Water Crisis. Tony Davis in The Guardian.
- June 2, 2021 - Amid Dire Colorado River Outlook States Plan To Tap Their Lake Mead Savings Accounts. Brett Walton of Circle of Blue.
- June 6, 2021 - Dry Times Dire Consequences Poor Runoff Adds To Water Woes. Dennis Webb of Grand Junction's Daily Sentinel.
Back | Top
Last Update: October 30, 2007